Second Week - 18 June 2020
- Continue training faculty in academic departments
- Preparation of advanced distance learning content for the 3rd improvement stage
- Content is compiled at the CMU unit website
- Distribution of Surface Pro devices and pens
- Student distance learning workshop in cooperation with CBA’s Student Association (SACBA)
- Recording and presentation slides can be found at https://cmu.netlify.app/ar/howto/sacba-workshop/
- The landing page for the distance learning preperation website bit.ly/cba_elearn is now a portal, to make the large amount of content more accessible.
- 779 of 3315 students completed CheckIn, which is 23.5% of enrolled students.
- The number represents a lower limit of student preparedness, as actual numbers could be higher.
- The following figure shows how faculty progressed in comparison to the first week, the figure shows how many faculty are in each stage of MS Teams preparations checklist:
For a cumulative graph:
Problematic cases are limited, and non-applicable cases include faculty in sebatacle leave:
Risks and Challenges
- Incomplete CheckIn Data
- Numbers might be slightly larger
- Systems achieving goal of enabling faculty monitoring and communication with students
- A significant proportion of CBA Admins have no access to computers at home and might require to be in their offices at CBA to perform their duties.
- Email domain name confusion, we have:
- cba.ku.edu.kw for students
- ku.edu.kw for faculty and employees
- cba.edu.kw the older CBA doamin that is still operational
- How will we deal with incomplete internships
- While number of faculty that we cannot reach is low, there should be a plan in place for unified sections where a large number of students can be affected if faculty are not able to continue instruction in August
- Teaching assistants have a critical role to play, especially with faculty that have difficulty using MS Teams and they must not be overlooked when planning
- They face the same challenges as faculty
- Uncertainty given there is no guidance yet on tutorials and labs